Menu - About
Kevin FleuryPresident & Chief Executive Officer
Kevin was appointed President and CEO of CEDA in September 2012, having served on CEDA’s Board of Directors prior to the appointment. A 35-year veteran of the industrial and oilfield services industry, Kevin is committed to ensuring CEDA is a values driven organization with our core values visibly integrated into how we do business.
- Previously held a presidential position at a well-known global contractor specializing in energy infrastructure.
- Served as President & CEO of a leading supplier of electrical and instrumentation services, controls systems and steel building solutions.
- Past experience covers many facets of the industry including electrical and instrumentation, modular process fabrication, equipment rentals, large diameter cross country pipeline construction, hydro transport and tailings line maintenance and construction, civil mechanical construction services, and API storage tank fabrication.
Gary BelcherChief Operating Officer
Gary joined CEDA in August 2015 as acting Chief Operating Officer. Gary brings over 35 years of experience in the energy and oilfield services sector and has held executive and senior management roles at a number of major successful energy services companies. As COO, Gary’s focus is in advancing CEDA’s commitment to deliver safe, high quality services to our clients while maximizing shareholder profitability. Gary has a reputation for developing efficient operating structures with a collaborative and accountable business culture to deliver planned performance with sustaining financial discipline.
- Specialty experience in oilfield services relating to production and testing facilities, facility operations, project management and engineering.
- Originally from London, England with international business assignments throughout Europe, West Africa, United States, Asia and Canada.
Alan Hartslief Chief Financial Officer
Alan joined CEDA in July 2019 as Chief Financial Officer. He brings over 30 years of experience in finance and has held CFO roles at various private equity-owned and publicly traded companies, including the last eight years as CFO in the telecommunications sector. He has an outstanding track record in creating value and will be focusing on aligning finance and operations to deliver on CEDA’s business strategy.
- Global CFO with broad industry exposure including relevant experience in the chemical, industrial equipment, telecommunications, manufacturing and services sectors.
- Having lived and worked in the United States, Canada, Austria, Switzerland and South Africa, Alan has built trusted business relationships regionally and globally.
- Alan is a CPA and Chartered Accountant in both Canada and South Africa. In addition to undergraduate degrees in Commerce and in Accountancy from the University of the Witwatersrand, he completed an Executive MBA from the Columbia Business School.
Vice President of Health, Safety & Environment
Pat joined the CEDA team in 2012 and was appointed Vice President of Health, Safety & Environment in February 2013. Passionately committed to growing the safety culture at CEDA, Pat has 19 years of experience in developing and implementing safety systems that positively impact workplace safety cultures and performance.
- Previously the Director of Health, Safety & Environment for two major oil and gas service companies that specialized in the fabrication, pipeline, electrical and instrumentation industries.
- Experience working with British Columbia municipalities and was responsible for the development and implementation of health, safety and emergency preparedness programs.
- Served as a Director of the British Columbia Municipal Safety Association for eight years.
- Won the Grey Cup in 1984 during his five year career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
Spencer Fried, BSc Mech Eng.Vice President, Business Development
Spencer joined CEDA in 2012 as Vice President of Business Development. Spencer has held various engineering, management and executive level positions in a cross section of energy services companies after spending the first seven years of his career with a large Canadian-based oil and gas producer.
- Brings over 30 years of experience to CEDA.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Alberta.
Troy TangedalVice President, Facilities & Capital Projects
In August 2016, Troy was appointed Vice President, Facilities & Capital Projects. Troy transitioned from Vice President, Eastern Region, which he held since joining CEDA in 2015. Previous to joining CEDA, Troy held various leadership and managerial positions with a number of publicly traded energy companies, primarily based in Western Canada. Through his progressive leadership responsibilities, Troy brings a wealth of knowledge, along with 25 years of industry experience, primarily in oil and gas operations, maintenance, construction and production.
- Onsite and offsite managerial experience in industry development, planning, commissioning, execution and optimization.
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree through the University of Roehampton-London.
- Involved in local minor hockey, soccer and lacrosse through coaching and volunteering.
Paula BreezeVice President, Human Resources
Paula joined CEDA in August 2016 as Vice President of Human Resources. Paula brings over 20 years of experience in Human Resources and has held senior management roles at a number of publicly traded companies, including the last five years as a Vice President of HR in the oilfield services sector. An expert in talent management and employee engagement, Paula will be focused on delivering a platform of high performance human resources services that will create and enable a highly engaged work group.
- Led the employment brand in several of Canada's award winning and most admired corporate cultures.
- Significant success driving employee engagement across all levels of leadership.
- Ushered in high performance HR toolkits in oilfield services, transportation, consumer products and industrial services
- Holds an MBA from University of Calgary, Bachelor of Management in Human Resources and a Bachelor of Arts in Sustainable Development.
Vice President, Fort McMurray Region
Andy joined CEDA in 2016 as Vice President, Regional Operations and transitioned into the role of Vice President, Fort McMurray Region in May 2019. He is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of industrial services in the region. Previous to joining CEDA, Andy had a 30-year career working with several premier energy companies.
- Brings an extensive portfolio of mine and tailing operations management.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering from Queen’s University.
- Vice Chair on the Fort McMurray Heritage Society Board and a Director on the Wood Buffalo Housing Board.
- Previously served on the Keyano College Board of Governors from 2011 to 2017.
- Previously served on the United Way Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo Board of Directors from 2013 to 2019. During his time on the Board, he was the Community Campaign Chair for the 2013 and 2014 campaigns that raised a combined total of $16 million.
- Happily married for 30 years with three grown children.
Vice President, Rest of Canada Region
Randy has been part of the CEDA team since 1985. In May 2018, he transitioned into the role of Vice President of CEDA’s Rest of Canada Region where he is responsible for CEDA’s operations throughout Saskatchewan and Ontario. Prior to his current role, Randy was the Director of Operations, Rest of Canada Region.
- Brings over 30 years of experience to CEDA.
- Shareholder in his family farm, which has been in existence since 1900.
- Inducted into the Saskatchewan Baseball Hall of Fame with his team, the Lampman A's, in 2012.
Vice President, Central Region
Martin joined CEDA in 2016 and transitioned into the role of Vice President, Central Region in August 2017. He is responsible for overseeing all service lines operating throughout eastern, central and southern Alberta.
- Over 30 years of progressive experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Previously held senior positions at similar service related businesses.
- Brings a breadth of field and management experience to this role.
- Holds an Executive Program Certificate from Queen’s University Executive Program.
Vice President, Operations, B.C. Region