Menu - About
Kevin FleuryPresident & Chief Executive Officer
Kevin was appointed President and CEO of CEDA in September 2012, having served on CEDA’s Board of Directors prior to the appointment. A 35-year veteran of the industrial and oilfield services industry, Kevin is committed to ensuring CEDA is a values driven organization with our core values visibly integrated into how we do business.
- Previously held a presidential position at a well-known global contractor specializing in energy infrastructure.
- Served as President & CEO of a leading supplier of electrical and instrumentation services, controls systems and steel building solutions.
- Past experience covers many facets of the industry including electrical and instrumentation, modular process fabrication, equipment rentals, large diameter cross country pipeline construction, hydro transport and tailings line maintenance and construction, civil mechanical construction services, and API storage tank fabrication.
Gary BelcherChief Operating Officer
Gary joined CEDA in August 2015 as acting Chief Operating Officer. Gary brings over 35 years of experience in the energy and oilfield services sector and has held executive and senior management roles at a number of major successful energy services companies. As COO, Gary’s focus is in advancing CEDA’s commitment to deliver safe, high quality services to our clients while maximizing shareholder profitability. Gary has a reputation for developing efficient operating structures with a collaborative and accountable business culture to deliver planned performance with sustaining financial discipline.
- Specialty experience in oilfield services relating to production and testing facilities, facility operations, project management and engineering.
- Originally from London, England with international business assignments throughout Europe, West Africa, United States, Asia and Canada.
David ChurchillChief Financial Officer
David joined CEDA in August 2014 as Chief Financial Officer and brings a strong background in accounting, financial stewardship and corporate governance.
- Over 25 years of financial and audit management experience.
- Previously served as Chief Financial Officer for Tarpon Energy Services Ltd.
- Began his career working for KPMG before transitioning into more senior financial leadership roles, including Vice President of Financial Operations for a Vancouver-based real estate development company.
- Holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Calgary and a designation from the Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD.D).
- Past member of the Board of Governors for Hull Child and Family Services.
Chad ThompsonExecutive Vice President, Operations
Chad joined CEDA in 2014. As Executive Vice President, Operations, Chad works closely with the senior operational team to advance CEDA's efforts in delivering safe work on-time to our clients. Chad also oversees several of CEDA’s event-based service lines including: Pipeline Services, Pigging & Decoking and Chemical Cleaning, as well as mechanical turnaround and specialty mechanical services.
- 20 years of heavy industrial experience in both the metals manufacturing and oil and gas industries.
- Substantial experience in maintenance, operations, turnaround and project management, reliability engineering, and planning and scheduling.
- Certified mechanical tradesman with diplomas in both mechanical engineering and business.
- Moved to Canada from Australia in 2007.
Vice President of Health, Safety & Environment
Pat joined the CEDA team in 2012 and was appointed Vice President of Health, Safety & Environment in February 2013. Passionately committed to growing the safety culture at CEDA, Pat has 19 years of experience in developing and implementing safety systems that positively impact workplace safety cultures and performance.
- Previously the Director of Health, Safety & Environment for two major oil and gas service companies that specialized in the fabrication, pipeline, electrical and instrumentation industries.
- Experience working with British Columbia municipalities and was responsible for the development and implementation of health, safety and emergency preparedness programs.
- Served as a Director of the British Columbia Municipal Safety Association for eight years.
- Won the Grey Cup in 1984 during his five year career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
Spencer Fried, P. EngVice President, Business Development
Spencer joined CEDA in 2012 as Vice President of Business Development. Spencer has held various engineering, management and executive level positions in a cross section of energy services companies after spending the first seven years of his career with a large Canadian-based oil and gas producer.
- Brings over 30 years of experience to CEDA.
- Member of APEGA (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta) since 1986.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Alberta.
Troy TangedalVice President, Facilities & Capital Projects
In August 2016, Troy was appointed Vice President, Facilities & Capital Projects. Troy transitioned from Vice President, Eastern Region, which he held since joining CEDA in 2015. Previous to joining CEDA, Troy held various leadership and managerial positions with a number of publicly traded energy companies, primarily based in Western Canada. Through his progressive leadership responsibilities, Troy brings a wealth of knowledge, along with 25 years of industry experience, primarily in oil and gas operations, maintenance, construction and production.
- Onsite and offsite managerial experience in industry development, planning, commissioning, execution and optimization.
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree through the University of Roehampton-London.
- Involved in local minor hockey, soccer and lacrosse through coaching and volunteering.
Paula BreezeVice President, Human Resources
Paula joined CEDA in August 2016 as Vice President of Human Resources. Paula brings over 20 years of experience in Human Resources and has held senior management roles at a number of publicly traded companies, including the last five years as a Vice President of HR in the oilfield services sector. An expert in talent management and employee engagement, Paula will be focused on delivering a platform of high performance human resources services that will create and enable a highly engaged work group.
- Lead the employment brand in several of Canada's award winning and most admired corporate cultures.
- Significant success driving employee engagement across all levels of leadership.
- Ushered in high performance HR toolkits in oilfield services, transportation, consumer products and industrial services
- Holds an MBA from University of Calgary, Bachelor of Management in Human Resources and a Bachelor of Arts in Sustainable Development.
Vice President, Rest of Canada Region
Randy has been part of the CEDA team since 1985. In May 2018, he transitioned into the role of Vice
President of CEDA’s Rest of Canada Region where he is responsible for CEDA’s operations throughout
Saskatchewan and Ontario. Prior to his current role, Randy was the Director of Operations, Rest of
- Brings over 30 years of experience to CEDA.
- Shareholder in his family farm, which has been in existence since 1900.
- Inducted into the Saskatchewan Baseball Hall of Fame with his team, the Lampman A's, in 2012.
Vice President, Fort McMurray Region
Andrew joined the CEDA team in 2013. In October 2015, Andrew was appointed Vice President, Regional Operations, Fort McMurray where he is responsible for overseeing CEDA’s Fort McMurray and Fort McKay operations. Prior to his current role, Andrew was the Director of Site Operations and then the Director of Regional Accounts. Andrew holds nearly 15 years of experience in the energy industry.
- Previously held positions in purchasing, supply chain and contract development at two of Canada's largest oil sands companies.
- Been a contributing member to the Fort McMurray community for 37 years, where he and his wife are raising their two children.
- Holds a real estate license and Purchasing Management Association of Canada certification (PMAC).
- Extensive community involvement in the Fort McMurray region including: Pacesetter and Leader with the Northern Lights Health Foundation, Sport Director for the 2015 Western Canada Summer Games, Past President of the Fort McMurray Oil Barons and Co-chair for the first Junior A outdoor hockey game in Canada.
Vice President, Central Region
Martin joined CEDA in 2016 and transitioned into the role of Vice President, Central Region in August 2017. He is responsible for overseeing all service lines operating throughout eastern, central and southern Alberta.
- Over 30 years of progressive experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Previously held senior positions at similar service related businesses.
- Brings a breadth of field and management experience to this role.
- Holds an Executive Program Certificate from Queen’s University Executive Program.